Friday, July 23, 2010

The Spirit of the Lord is upon you ....

From the Gospel of Luke - "Plugging into the Power"
Let's do some sharing on how the Lord is moving among us in our time -- in 2010!
Luke, Chap 1: To the question of "How can this be....?", the angel gives Mary the answer:
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you."

What is our experience of this ongoing work of God in our lives?
I would welcome your own experiences in the Lord in this journey of faith.
Sr. Carmel Therese

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Carmel Therese! I love the romance languages too! I'm so excited because my cousin is going to let me borrow his Rosetta Stone software so I can learn some more languages. Thank you for your reflections on the work of God in our lives. Just today I had a loud reminder that God is still with me. As I was working diligently on my most recent artwork in my craft class (a 'diagram' of a beautiful dream I had) I was conversing with a classmate about my Catholic faith and sadly I noticed there were some unbelievers in the room. For a few seconds I was doubting my faith and I was also struggling to get some crystal beads to be symmetrical on a piece of my artwork. I was dismayed as that piece accidentally fell out of my hand and some of the beads fell off and scattered. Then as I looked at it again I realized it was perfectly symetrical the new way. I think it was Gods way of showing me he's still with me. While I'd much rather have Jesus walk right up and start talking to me I know he has a plan for the world and I'm a part of it. Thank you for the reflections on the angel speaking to Mary, it is very uplifting. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,
    Thanks for your own inspiration. Languages are one way of connecting with one another -- learning to speak and listen with someone else.
    Thanks for your reflection on how Jesus walks with us in different ways. Actualy, that IS the Spirit of the Lord - and as you said: God has a plan for the world and we are a part of it. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete